Saturday, June 28, 2008

VOIP Testing in ACN

VOIP ~ Voice over Internet Protocol
SIP ~ Session Initiation Protocol
I was testing VOIP in on of our dealer company for the whole afternoon. The funny thing is I will need to test with softphone. You may ask what is softphone? Softphone is a software phone which support SIP protocol. I find that there are a lot of problem when testing with softphone. All sorts of funny problems arise. Robot sound, can't listen to the voice of other party, can't register back from outside.... I was troubleshooting these in ACN from 3pm to 8pm. What a day!

But in the end, finally I manage to get the testing done smoothly. I have tested SJ Phone and X-Lite Phone with ACN staff from other places, it works perfectly. But if I test with my colleague from office, weird thing happened. Is either the SIP server shows registered but not my colleague's softphone; or, both were not registered. I got no idea on why this happened. So I've decided to report this to our principal from Taiwan. What a day!!

Any idea on what is happening?

No comments: